Bruny Island food tour
A truly unique experience filled with tastes, sights and adventures. We travel from Hobart to Bruny Island for two unforgettable days of fine food, wilderness cruising, and relaxing at the boutique Adventure Bay Retreat.
Bruny Fossick Itinerary
On your arrival in Hobart, we’ll meet you at the airport or your hotel, and begin your Bruny Fossick with a meandering drive through the forest to the summit of Mount Wellington. You’ll have time to admire and photograph the stunning, uninterrupted views of Hobart and southern Tasmania, and take a short stroll before travelling south to the village of Kettering to board the Bruny Island ferry.
Day One and Two
When you disembark from your ferry, the natural beauty and artisan produce of Bruny Island awaits.
Taste fresh Bruny Island oysters and chat to the farmer at Get Shucked oyster farm.
Visit the Isthmus and climb the steps to the lookout to drink in the beautiful views of Bruny’s coastline.
Relax in your private, luxurious accommodation at Adventure Bay Retreat and take time to explore, walk, bike ride or stroll on the beach.
Enjoy tastings of fine Tasmanian wines and a sumptuous dinner at Bruny Island Premium Wines.
Take an unforgettable wilderness journey with Bruny Island Cruises and experience Bruny’s rugged coastline and incredible wildlife up close.
Savour plump, sweet fruits, preserves, ice creams and desserts at the Bruny Island Berry Farm.
Find out why everyone raves about Bruny Island produce, with tastings at Bruny Island Cheese, Bruny Island Fudge and Bruny Island Whiskey House.
Take time to explore further, with optional walks to Fluted Cape or Grassy Point.
After a leisurely breakfast at Adventure Bay Retreat on your final morning, you’ll board the return ferry to Kettering. Your journey back to Hobart includes time to visit the Nut Patch at Kettering for tastings of silky, handmade gourmet chocolates.
You’ll arrive in Hobart during the afternoon, where you can be transferred to Hobart Airport for your return flight, or dropped off at your hotel.
Bruny Island Tour Inclusions
- Professionally guided – Our guides are locals who are passionate, well trained and enthusiastic with the ability to bring to life a depth of information.
- 2 nights at eco Adventure Bay Retreat, Adventure Bay – each couple to have a private room + ensuite
- 2 x delicious dinners featuring beautiful Tasmanian produce
- Including one dinner at Bruny Island Premium Wines (including wine tastings)
- Including one dinner at local Seafood Restaurant in Adventure Bay (excluding drinks)
- 2 x breakfasts
- 2 x lunch
- Fresh fruit and snacks throughout the day
- Homemade cocktail/Tasmanian gin tasting at Adventure Bay Retreat
- Ferry to Bruny Island
- Comfortable air conditioned bus with driver + guide
- Tastings at Bruny Island Cheese, Bruny Island Fudge, Whiskey House, Get Shucked Oyster Farm and Nutpatch
- Wilderness Cruise Bruny Island
- Return journey to Hobart
- No credit card fees to pay
- Public Liability Insurance
- Inclusive of GST
- Local Council Accreditation
Tours can be adapted to suit your personal requirements, simply contact us to discuss.